Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I made this card for all my Hero Arts Flickr Friends - I used a Hero Arts Sentiment with My Mind's Eye die cut sheet.  I get such fantastic support and encouragement from all the group - this is my "thank you" and Happy Valentine's to you all.  Hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends.
Did you know the history behind St Valentine's Day?

Saint Valentine's Day (commonly shortened to Valentine's Day) is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The holiday first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

Modern Valentine's Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have largely given way to mass-produced greeting cards (not in the Hero Arts Flickr Group!!! LOL!!!).
I was inspired recently by Krysten's ability to make LOTS of cards with only 2 sheets of 12x12 - wow .... so I decided to try my hand at something similar and used two sheets from My Minds Eye (one was a die cut sheet) and managed to produce quite a few quick and easy (simple!) cards but not as many as the talented Krysten!. 
This one is for my hubby - another one with My Mind's Eye die cut sentiment, card blank from DCWV and the Forever Friends Bear stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards Deidre, hhave a great day! Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Love all your valentines Deirdre. Enjoy your Sunday. Sallyx

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Super cute, Deirdre! Happy Valentine's Day!

Katharine Steff said...

Lovely as always :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love both of these and love the sparkly glitter on the hearts, so pretty, wishing you a sweet Valentine's today!

Awesome Andrew said...

lovely post today deirdre! darling and wonderful as always!

Di's Dooodles said...

Love all the valentine cards Deirdre

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic cards! Great layouts and designs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips