Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello Card

Hero Arts challenge this month is "Keeping in Touch and Going back to School".  I made this card on Thursday evening to enter before the first deadline of the month.  Still plenty of time to enter - check out the details here.

It has been a while since I have entered a Hero Arts challenge - don't know where the time goes!  I have missed it and am going to try to get back in the groove and start entering again.  The gals in the HA Flickr Group produce amazing work on a daily basis.  Check it out here.
Supplies: Hero Arts CG105 Silhouette Flower and CL184 Thoughtful messages, 
versamark ink and clear embossing powder, Papermania pearls coloured with copics, 
XCut scallop border punch and dark chocolate cardstock, ribbon & ink and pop dots.

I did three or four layers of embossing powder on this card to give it an "enamelled look" and I really enjoyed making this card and look forward to getting it into the mail to "keep in touch" with a friend.

Thanks so much for peeking and I hope you have a great weekend.

18 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Really great card, unusual colours, but that makes it special ! Great colour combo ! Have a nice weekend, greetings, Martina
x

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Deirdre, love the sunny colours, could do with some sunshine here at the moment its very dull and dreary.
Hugs
Sally

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and the embossing looks very effective.

Sanne said...

Wonderful cards (as allways) since my last visit to your blog. I haven´t been in the mood for card making since I came back from holiday hope it will come back to me ;0) It has been hard starting job after 4 weeks break and when I come home I just enjoy the sun and visit my friends. So for now I just enjoy my blogfriends creations!
Big hug Sanne

Monika Lerch said...

Bin wieder total begeistert.

Toll die Farben..Motiv und Gestaltung.


Liebe Grüße Moni

Barb said...

The embossing on this gorgeous card looks amazing, Deirdre! Love it!!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Deirdre Love those wonderful colours together!

Trinh said...

This is beautiful, Deirdre! Makes me think of fall and how I long for cooler weather. I love the enamled look of the embossing and will have to give that a try sometime.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Deirdre, your embossing is so pretty! Beautiful card!

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful!! Love it, Deirdre!

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful Deidre - love the colours and your embossing is fab. Yummy! Jo x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really beautiful, these two color combos are delicious together!

dj1952 said...

I came to comment on your card for mami doodles, but I couldn't help but comment on this one also. WOW! I love the embossing. How in the world are you able to emboss that much area? I do good to get a small image or word done. Fantastic job! Debra (dj1952)

Juls said...

so striking! Love the vibrant orange! Hugs Juls

Alice said...

so pretty! love the warm colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it! So vibrant!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Deirdre! This is WOW card! Love this so much!

Denise Fletcher said...

I love this orange card, its fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips