Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

The symbol for 45 years of marriage is sapphire.  I found the nearest thing in colour in a Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock and added a handmade fimo button in the shape of a heart!.  The colour looks wonky in this photo but I can't retake as I have already given the card to my parents who celebrate their 45th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.

I added cream flowers from prima and Hero Arts, Pearls and cream brads.  I would have preferred the chipboard numbers to be a different colour but simply didn't have time to change them... made this in a severe hurry!!!  Not necessarily as I would have wanted ... anyhow

Happy Anniversary to two wonderful parents.  Hope you have a great day.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

12 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful anniversary card! Love the sapphire color--just perfect!

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Very striking!!! I love those flowers!! Hugs Juls

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Deirdre! So neat to see the deep, rich blue! I'll bet your parents loved it!

stampingandstitching said...

Happy Anniversary to your mam and dad, Deirdre - wow 45 years, that's brilliant! Love your card! The deep blue is so striking and I love all the flowers and pearls against it.

Jenyfur said...

Gorgeous card and what a wonderful milestone. Deirdre, can't seem to find your email address, will you email me at jenyfur1234@yahoo.com --- thank you!

Alice said...

beautiful anniversary card! love the pretty sapphire card base!

Judith said...

Lovely card Deirdre, congratulations to your parents, hope they celebrate in style.

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous!!
Vicky xx

Dawn T said...

what a perfect card for your parents. Love the colour and the flowers and heart look superb.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is perfect! Happy Anniversary and congrats to your parents on 45 years!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely striking with the colors you've paired together, such pretty flowers!

Agata said...

GOrgeous! Love those flowers against dark blue!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips