Friday, February 19, 2010

Munch, Munch! and a Special Day

I know I will have one person peeping today to see if I have posted her Birthday Card !!  Happy Birthday to my SIL who is THIRTY today ... ha ha!!! Not going to post it until she receives it... and spoil the surprise (better go make one!!) LOL!! 

Today is also the anniversary of our move to the USA.  Nine years ago today we started on a marvellous adventure and loved every moment of it.  Hi to all our US friends - we still miss you loads and there are many days that we wish we still lived there!. 

My card share for today - after I added the Hero Arts sentiment - "Smile, Laugh, Giggle" to this card - I realised that I should have stamped - "Enjoy every moment"!!! and should have put it on kraft cardstock.  But cards don't always turn out the way you want them to.... and this is one of them!!  think I may "unmake" and redo this one.

Doesn't it really look like Louis is enjoying every bite?  This is an image by the very talented Maurie J Manning - Mo's digital pencil called Bronte and Louis.  She ran a blog hop for the week - this week - it finishes today to celebrate her six month anniversary.  Her Design Teams produced some AMAZING work.  If you haven't had a look - be sure to check it out - the blog hop starts here.  There are also fantastic digital images up for grabs... fingers and toes crossed!!

I coloured it with copics, added it to a blue scalloped circle and white card blank.  I cut bite marks on the scallop and card with a circle punch and hole puncher.  Munch... munch!.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

p.s. Paula from Tales from Pollycraft has the most amazing baby image called "willie" as a freebie this week - get it here.  I am off to make a baby card with it right now!

11 comments:

MarkerGeek said...

Oh I do love the "bites" out of the corner of this one! Such a cute touch!!

Dotty Jo said...

Ha, ha, ha! What a fun card - love those bites!!!! jo x

Paula said...

oh, this is just ADORABLE!! I love the bites!! what a perfect touch!!

xxx

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hehe...what a cute little boy enjoying his cookie, isn't this so true! Love the card!

Jane said...

Ok........how much do I LOVE this card!!!! Your colouring ROCKS!!!

Jenn Biederman said...

Adorable card, Deirdre! Perfect the way it is!! :)

Julie M said...

Love the "bites", Deirdre - a perfect finishing touch. Hope you got your SiL's card done!!!

Julie xx

Alice said...

too cute! LOVE the bits of the card! such a super design! this makes me smile BIG, Deirdre!!! =)

Sanne said...

Who took a bite of this card - lool - what a funny detail! Great card Deirdre!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love how you bring the humor into the cards. The bite marks on the corner of both the image and the card is so clever!

Di's Dooodles said...

what a wonderful fun Card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips