Monday, February 8, 2010

Hero Arts Monthly Challenge

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend.

I have made another card for this month's challenge over on Hero Arts.  Check out their blog for more information or the FLICKR pool to check out the entries to-date.
Supplies:  PP from MME Spring Papers, Hero Arts sentiment CL129 and Hero Arts Flower set CG128,
machine stitching, old french/english dictionary, Spellbinders scalloped circles nesties,
fimo button I made and embroidery floss.

I used Dawn McVey's method for making the vintage puffy flowers (see her video/post here) added a fimo button that I had made, some embroidery floss and voila!  I found an tiny old French/English dictionary that I used a little while ago! in school/college so I used that as my text / old paper source.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

13 comments:

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

This is Gorgeous ,Deirdre! Love the fimo button!

Mandy said...

Hi Deirdre, your card is gorgeous, love the simplicity and your puffy flower is lovely
hugs Mandy xx

Juls said...

so striking and stylish!! Love it! Hugs Juls

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Deirdre, I love these "poofy flowers" they always look great on a card as they add so much texture.

Vanessa said...

Super card, Deirdre! Love it! Your puffy flower is perfect.

Hugs,
Vanessa

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi, I love this flower,your book had just the right text size,love the button, thanks for your comments hugs Liz xx

Diana said...

WOW, adore that flower! Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

Oh this is beautiful Deirdre! I LOVE it!

Julie M said...

Fab card, Deirdre - I too watched that flower tutorial (but I don't have that punch - OK - it's on the list now!!!). I love your clean, graphic style.

Julie xx

Alice said...

simply beautiful! love your flower!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I LOVE the amazing color on the background, so pretty!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I can't believe you made your button. I have been trying to do that but mine never looks this good. Terrific job on the flower too..Love this.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the tiny shadow print on the paper and the stunning flower!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips