Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thinking Inking

It is always nearly impossible to capture the shine from the paper when you spray with perfect pearls... but I think I managed to do it this afternoon with the flash on my camera on!  Although it looks splotchier than in real life!.
Supplies: PTI Wreath for all seasons, Papermania white pigment ink, PTI Dark Chocolate, 
Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, I rock crystal heat setting tools and clear gems, 
Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, crochet thread and Distress Inks - tea dye, 
walnut stain and spiced marmalade and Ranger/Tim Holtz blending tool.

This is what the card actually looks like after getting a good dose of tea dye, walnut stain and spiced marmalade!

Am enjoying getting inky!  If you haven't heard about the wonderful 8 weeks of free online classes that 2peas is currently hosting with Guest Designer Jennifer McGuire... you need to check it out ASAP right here.  It's called Holiday Thinking Inking.

Enjoy and hope you have a great week.

14 comments:

Monika Lerch said...

Zwei wunderschöne Karten hast du gewerkelt. So schlicht und edel. Gefällt mir sehr gut.

Liebe grüße Moni

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous tones on this card, love the way you've tied the string! I know what you mean, it is so perplexing to get that right look on the camera! Most cards do look good in real life - for that - I'm thankful for!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Deirdre! I can see the shine.

Unknown said...

So beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

This is sooo elegant x Leigh x

Barb said...

So fun to see you enjoying the classes! Me too! This card is fabulous, Deirdre!

Anne said...

Hi Deirdre- love your card here and the colors and shine are fabulous! I love Jennifer's classes- so much fun!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! Love that shine :)

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous background Deirdre. I haven't tried any of this weeks Thinking Inking yet.

Unknown said...

Wow! This looks very cool! Isn't it lovely to be inspired...I wish I had a little more time to be LOL! A gorgeous card.
Alicia xx

Sandra said...

This technique is so nice and your card is beautiful!! I'm making my Christmas cards as well.

xxx

Alice said...

so pretty! love the colors you used!

Jill said...

Love the rich browns on the second card! WOW- that is so striking! You always have a way of making your cards pop and stand out from the crowd! HUGS!!!

Tomo H. said...

This card is so beautiful, Deirdre!! TFS the first photo took it with the flash light. I'll try the way when I make some. It's difficult to show the actual shining of perfect pearls on the photograph. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips