Thursday, October 21, 2010

Paperplay - Colour Combo & a cute freebie

This week's challenge over on Paperplay is a colour combo set by the wonderfully talented Vera.  She has asked that we use blue, orange and olive green. 

We are very kindly sponsored this week by Whiff of Joy.  You may have seen this already on my blog as it featured in the CARDS - pocket challenge recently.
I got this image as a freebie - "Spider Henry" a while ago on the Whiff of Joy blog and pulled out three copics - Blue B24, Orange E08 and Olive Green YG95 and set to work!.  Pop over to Whiff of Joy - I think Spider Henry may still be there!!.  I paired him with wonderful Word Art from Create with TLC.  As I coloured I got an idea that it would make a fun bookmark so decided to have it detachable from the card.

I stitched some acetate onto some Olive Green Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock, layered it on top of machine stitched blue dotted cardstock and then added a co-ordinating piece of ribbon to the top.  (After I took the photo I added two small glass beads to the ends of the ribbon for weight - but I'm afraid I didn't retake the photo!).

Hope you like the card I created with Vera's colour combo and get a chance to play along with Paperplay this week.  Thanks so much for popping in and please feel free to leave a comment - I love reading each and every one of them.

9 comments:

Sandie said...

Love it!!! Great use of the colour combo and the card design is brill!!

Dawn T said...

great card and idea for the bookmark Deirdre. Love the TLC word arts... often just what you want to say!!!

Alice said...

fabulous pocket card, Deirdre. congrats on being featured, too!

Jessie said...

Love it :)

Dotty Jo said...

Great design, and isn't that sentiment true! Jo x

Barb said...

What a neat idea Deirdre! Love this!

Anonymous said...

This is such a FANTASTIC idea for a bookmark, Deirdre! So cute and so very creative!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous project, Deirdre! I need to remember to make something like this for the book lovers people in my life. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous pocket card! LOVE the sentiment - its soo true! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips