Monday, March 26, 2012

Saturday at the NEC!

On Saturday I got to go to the Hobbycrafts Show in the NEC, Birmingham.  I caught an early morning flight (which wasn't so early as there was fog in Birmingham and we landed 2 hours late!).  

Then I wandered and gazed upon wonderful things like the ribbon above at craftfairy.co.uk (a bit of pink anyone?) and below (beautiful shades of blue).  I wish I could just buy one of each!
I got to meet Sandie Dunne in person (the boss over on Paperplay Challenges) - sorry forgot to take a photo! her flight was diverted to Manchester so she got to check out some local scenery on her way to the NEC!

I also got to meet Jane Millard of milliemarvels  and Clare Curd of Fiskars / Create and Craft / Quick Cards ... the list goes on!  It was just fab.  (photos taken with my iphone!)
I also got to meet the Ribbon Girls - Mary and Andrea (although very fleeting) and Jo Neville - Rambling Boots.  Great to put faces to names.

I managed to take a workshop that Clare held using all sorts of Fiskars goodies.  Want to know more about Fiskars?  Become a Fiskarette?  Check out the deets here.

Then I did a spot of shopping with Jane - so much fun - such amazing stuff.  Not enough time before my 17.15 flight back home.  Thanks for peeking - hope you had a fun weekend.

12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Deirdre, looks like you had a fun time in Birmingham, would love to go one year...

Jenny said...

Hi Deirdre,
I just missed you by 1 day. I was at the show for two days - Thursday and Friday with my aunt and cousin. We came back broke, but happy. We got to do a workshop with Kath Stewart for Fiskars on the Thursday, so enjoyable.

Lin said...

Lucky girl, Deirdre! I would love to experience one of the craft shows just once! Love seeing your picture!

Milliesmarvels said...

It was a fab day! Hope you make it down again sometime for another show, was great fun shopping together!
Jane
x

Tanya said...

Soooo lucky, I'm very jealous! Glad you had fun!

Tags xx

Ren-Yi said...

Oh Dee - you lucky duck! It looks like you had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Love all that ribbon! Looks like you had an awesome time Dee! Wish we had shows like that over here!

Dawn T said...

looks like a fun day Dierdre. What a long way to go though!

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Dierdre - so nice to meet you and such a pity we didn't have more time - there's always next time though!! Mary and Andrea x

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, but this looks like fun! I want to touch all that ribbon. What a nice adventure for you. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Looks like such fun!! By the way, Happy belated Birthday! Sorry I'm late, but I hope it was wonderful!

Elisa said...

WOW, I can see you had lots of fun! I am a bit envious - it's something I'd love to do at some stage. Maybe next year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips