Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day - photos from Ireland


Hello from Ireland.

Happy St Patrick's Day.

Wishing you all a wonderful day - where ever you may be in the world.

I think everyone has a little bit of Irish in them! especially on St. Patrick's Day.

The day is celebrated here in Ireland with parades in every town and village around the country.

 (below) Beacon at Baltimore, West Cork
(above) Currach racing under Roches Point, Cork Harbour
(above) evening on the River Shannon
(above) Round Tower seen through a window at Clonmacnoise
(above) Blarney Castle - where you kiss the stone to get the gift of the gab!

Just wanted to share a "taste of Ireland" in my post this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day / weekend.  It's Mother's Day here in Ireland tomorrow - a weekend of festivities!  Enjoy!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to You dear Irish friend!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! I wish you another GREAT year of inspiration, creativity, and faith! That is all it takes!
Hugs, Nancy

Barb said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Dee! I have a bit more than "a little" Irish in me. My parents always told me I am 3/4 Irish. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lin said...

Thank you, Deirdre, for these lovely pictures of your beautiful country.....I hope to visit there someday soon! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Dawn T said...

Stunning photos Dierdre. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you Happy St Patrick's Day and Happy Mothering Sunday tomorrow.

CinnamonSally said...

Love all the photos Deirdre, Happy St Patrick's Day to you!!!

Céline said...

HI Deirdre!
thanks for those picture of your fabulous country !
i love so much Ireland. i visit it 2 years ago and i have fabulous remembers!
hugs
céline

Judy1223 said...

Hi Deirdre, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Love the pics...they bring back memories of my trip to Ireland in 1992 when I saw many of those places (and yes, kissed the Blarney Stone!). Enjoy the week of festivities!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos Diedre Happy St Patricks Day
hugs Julie P

Mandy said...

Beautiful photos Dee, I love it when you share a bit of Ireland with us :)
hugs Mandy xxx

Maureen Morton said...

What a treat to see so much of your wonderful country, Diedre! I wish more than just my name was Irish. You are a dear to share this with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips