Friday, June 3, 2011

Freebie by Nina Brackett

Supplies:  Digital image and sentiment by Nina Brackett, MME Stella Rose pp, 
Fiskars Crest border punch, PTI button, embroidery floss and copics.

I love what Nina Brackett aka Crafting in Croatia creates.  She also has some amazing freebies on her blog.  Thank you Nina.  I used the one above that she created to honour her Grandma.

I grew up with lots of hydrangea's in the garden - and one was a beautiful blue obviously due to the soil's pH!  Living next to the sea/salt water obviously didn't encourage some things to grow but the hydrangea's loved the conditions. Here's a photo I took in my parents garden in 2007.

I paired the image (coloured with copics) with pp from My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Hattie Collection.  I also added a PTI Ocean Tides button with some embroidery floss.

Thanks so much for peeking and I hope you have a wonderful day.  Summer has arrived here in Ireland with temperatures expected to hit the mid 20's today and tomorrow.  So in case I am not in blogland I will be in summerland!

11 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

What a beautifully elegant card Deirdre!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Deirdre - a blue hydrangea is something I've always wanted in my garden, but they don't do well here. Your photo is wonderful, such a gorgeous color; thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Deirdre and one of my fave flowers!

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Love this Beautiful card...Hydrangeas are my FAVE....Love them sooooo Much!!! Hugs.....

Elizabeth Allan said...

Deirdre I have been trying to grow Hydrangeas but the deer seem to get to them before I do. At least I can enjoy the beauty on your blog and in your gorgeous card.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such a precious card, so pretty! And, WOW, love the color of the hydrangeas!

sheila said...

beautiful card Deirdre and really adore the stamp! Hydrangeas are always so fun to color and you did a wonderful job.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Dee, I love the photo too.
Enjoy the sunshine :)
hugs Mandy xx

NinaB said...

Beautifully done, Dierdre. Thank you for the link and I'm glad you could use the free digi!

Karen B. said...

Wow, is this ever beautiful! I love the colors and your choice of papers.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Dierdre! You did an amazing job coloring those flowers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips