Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sketch Saturday - Week Two

Where did the week go?  Week Two of my Guest Designer spot on Sketch Saturday already!  I am sooo enjoying myself. 
 
Here is what I came up with.... used one of Paula's cute monsters from her Critters and Cogs set and he is called "Star".  I threaded the star on some embroidery floss and tied it around his finger removing the digi image part completely.  I coloured him with copics and used pp from Sassafra Monstrosity range. I cut him out, layered him on Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock in black and then matted and layered using Papermania textured cardstock in various colours.  I also used my machine to add some stitching.  Then I added some stickles to the star and perfect pearls to his teeth to give added/raised dimension. 

Hope you get a chance to play along with Sketch Saturday this week.  Check out the challenge and DT creations here.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

donna mikasa said...

What a fun sketch! That critter is goofy cute and I love the matching DP! Glad you're enjoying your guest DT spot!

Dawn T said...

the sketch is awesome and your monster is so funny. love him

Alice said...

so cute!! lovely card, Deirdre!! perfect pps for this!! super fun!

Dwita said...

You make the card with those colorful alphabets.. Makes me laugh seeing the monster there..

Barb said...

Such a fun card, Deirdre! Love the goofy look on his face! :)

Faye said...

Deidre, this is so cute. Love your ingenuity.

stampingandstitching said...

Deirdre this is totally adorable! Wonderful colouring and details on the fun monster! Great design too!

Juls said...

this is fabulous!! I just Love it!! Hugs Juls

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips