Thursday, February 21, 2013

Miss Me?

 Miss me?  Last week was spent enjoying the February sunshine (when it broke through the clouds) and lots of fresh air (here you read - wet, windy and blustery conditions!).
161 Optimists took part in a Spring Training Week and took to the water each day like little ducklings! I took some shots with my phone and processed them through instagram.

Interested in improving your photo skills with your phone?  Check out Nicoles Classes post about the best iphone editing apps right here.

The Optimist is a single handed sailing dinghy for children up to the age of 15.  It is one of the most popular sailing dinghies in the world!.
Here is a photo of the first ten launched early one morning in a bay full of calm!  The previous day had a steady 25/27 knots of breeze!

Now that the boys are sailing I wonder will I get a chance to do more of it?... or will I be watching like a mother duck from the top of the pier/side of the slipway?
  
Thanks for peeking - hope you are having a great week.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I do miss you, Deirdre! I also LOVE seeing your amazing sailing photos. I am sure you are having FUN in the wind or not! Always love to visit your blog! XOXO, Nancy

Dawn T said...

What a fun time your boy would have had. Although we live very close to the beach, neither of my children were interested in sailing. We had a Laser for a while when they were younger that they enjoyed sailing with their dad. But I love seeing the Opties going out of Murrays Bay on the weekends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips