Friday, May 20, 2011

The Queen visits Cashel, Coolmore and Cork

Okay... I've been missing.... and I am gone again.. off to view the TV coverage of Her Majesty The Queen visiting Cork.

Some photos of her State Visit to Ireland are here.  

I don't think I am going to try to get to see her.  Lots of road closures and access issues.  

She is visiting the Old English Market in the heart of the City this afternoon.  It is one of the oldest of it's kind - a market since 1788.  I popped in there yesterday - lots of trees in planters looks like Westminister Abbey did for a recent wedding!.

Busy trying to get my "tea party" entry done for the Waltzingmouse Stamps 2nd Birthday celebrations tomorrow.  Byyyyyyeeee!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow how great to have the Queen visiting an area so close to you! Thanks for sharing this fun news Deirdre.

Julie M said...

Wasn't she great!! I've spent the last four days glued to the TV - didn't see her "for real" myself - but a Mum at school was at the event in the convention centre last night!!

Julie x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips